START with the Freedom Training Home Page before reading information about your specific training below.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FREEDOM TRAINING CONTINGENT MASTER AT ARMS ACADEMY:
- Make sure that you read the Freedom Training Home Page and this page in its entirety BEFORE requesting a billet.
- Make sure that you CURRENTLY meet all prerequisites BEFORE requesting a billet. Minimum rank and minimum age means that you must be at or above those minimum standards BEFORE you can even request a billet. Age waivers will NOT be considered.
- PT standards- A PRT will be administered during training. Failing the PRT may result in cadets not graduating and not receiving advanced training credit for this training. If you cannot pass a PRT, or you struggle to make the minimum PRT standards, this training is NOT for you. This training is recommended for cadets that can consistently reach at least National Standards on their PRT.
- If you meet the qualifications to attend, have your unit request a training billet for you in Magellan.
- All applicants must complete the Master at Arms training interest form.
- Follow the Enrollment procedures found in the Freedom Training Contingent homepage.
- All payments must be received by 01 DEC, or you may be cancelled from the training and your billet will be filled from our waiting list.
*All waivers and new Parent Firearms Information Letter posted above on 02 DEC 17.
Make sure that you download and bring the following signed waivers and forms in your service jacket to check-in. All waivers and forms can be downloaded above. NO WAIVERS, NO TRAINING, NO EXCEPTIONS. ***PRINT THE CADET NAME CLEARLY ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF EVERY WAIVER.
- 340 Defense Hold Harmless Waiver, ***Since you must be 18 years old to sign this form, at the bottom where it says PRINT NAME, please print the parent name first then print "for Cadet..." For example, John Jones for Cadet Paul Jones.
- LoCo Motion Foundation Firearms Waiver
- Approval & Agreements
- Participant Rules
CHECK IN PROCEDURES for MA cadets:
- Reminder-eat BEFORE you arrive, the only meal served on check-in day will be dinner.
- Check-in wearing NWUs.
- Check-in between 1145-1215, DO NOT arrive before 1145.
- You will directed to a drop off and parking area. Say good-bye to your parents before checking in, you will not have any contact with them again until graduation.
- Cadets will check-in at THE OAK LODGE for their Seabag inspection. Parents will be directed to the waiting area.
- Parents CANNOT leave the premises until their child has completed all check-in procedures including the seabag inspection. When the cadet completes check-in, parents in the waiting area will be given a dismissal pass with graduation, check-out/pick-up procedures, and emergency contact information.
Commercial travelers will be checked in as they arrive at camp. Travel in civilian clothes. Provide your flight itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 01 DEC to coordinate a ride from the airport to Camp Highroad. Failure to provide a flight itinerary by 01 DEC will result in NO ORGANIZED TRANSPORTATION for you from the airport to the training facility, you will be on your own to get from the airport to training.
*SEABAG LIST will be posted above on or before 01 DEC.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
ALL MAA PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING A MOUTHGUARD, BLACK BELT, AND 4 BELT KEEPERS.
MOUTHGUARD- This can be any athletic type mouthguard and must be worn during defensive tactics/combatives. Make sure that it fits BEFORE you come to training. If you buy a "boil and bite" type mouthguard, make sure that you read the instructions and completely prepare your mouthguard PRIOR to training. If you wear braces make sure that you get a mouthguard that will accommodate your braces and protect your mouth and teeth. You may purchase any mouthguard of your choosing or one such as this MOUTHGUARD.
BLACK BELT- You will need to purchase a 1.5 inch wide sturdy black belt to wear under your police duty belt. You will NOT be able to use your NWU belt. You can purchase any sturdy black belt of your choosing or one such as this (make sure you order the proper size), BLACK BELT.
BELT KEEPERS- You will need to purchase a SET OF FOUR 2.25 inch black belt keepers to wear to hold your trouser belt to your police duty belt. MAKE SURE YOU ORDER BLACK (NOT OLIVE DRAB) AND MAKE SURE YOU GET 2.25 INCH, NOT 2 INCH. You can purchase any black belt keepers of your choosing or one such as these BELT KEEPERS.
Welcome Aboard, Master-At-Arms Winter Training 2017
This dynamic, fast-paced, challenging law enforcement training will expose each cadet to the rigors of a law enforcement career. Our instructors are law enforcement professionals with decades of relevant experience in areas such as investigations, vice/narcotics, SWAT, patrol, hostage negotiations/hostage rescue, crisis intervention, and much more. We have partnered with the Fairfax County Police Department and the Fairfax County Criminal Justice Academy to bring you the best law enforcement training resources. We are looking forward to you joining us for another exciting year of training.
What to expect:
Each day will include intense physical training, defensive tactics/combatives/ground fighting, classroom training on a variety of law enforcement topics, and practical exercises. There will also be marksmanship training, which consists of small arms, live fire training and an opportunity to earn your marksmanship ribbon. Last year our cadets, among many other adventures, participated as passengers in high speed emergency vehicle training and witnessed first hand several emergency driving techniques on a closed driving course with highly trained and skilled law enforcement driving instructors.
NO MAIL CALL. Say your good-byes before check-in. You will not have contact with your family until graduation. Due to the fast pace of this training we will not respond to personal emails nor give cadets any personal messages from home, so DO NOT send them. Also, we may not be able to post any pictures during the training; therefore, DO NOT send emails or Facebook messages asking for pictures of the training to be posted. Our focus will be on providing the best training and experience possible for the cadets that we have for only 6 short days. Taking time to post pictures means that we are taking time away from the needs of the cadets and the training contingent.
How to prepare:
EXERCISE. A PRT will be administered during training. Failing the PRT may result in cadets not graduating and not receiving advanced training credit for this training. If you cannot pass a PRT, or you struggle to make the minimum PRT standards, this training is NOT for you. RUN. You will be doing PT outside and inside, in the mornings, afternoons, and at night. RUN. In all types of weather and terrains. RUN. At times you will chase and other times you will be chased, be prepared. RUN. Work on core strength, hold planks, wall sits, and stretch.
MEMORIZE. This is NOT Recruit Training. We will not be teaching you information that you should have learned during RT. As a Seaman Apprentice or above you are expected to have the Sea Cadet Oath and 11 General Orders memorized. You will be required to recite from memory the Oath and all 11 G.O.'s upon check-in during your seabag inspection.
PACK. A seabag list will be posted before 01 December. Make sure you pack ALL of the items indicated on the list and DO NOT bring ANYTHING not on the list. Your barracks are lodges with bunk beds. There are NO lockers or shelves of any kind in the barracks; therefore, you will need to stow all items in your seabag. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BARRACKS HAVE NO STORAGE. YOU WILL BE KEEPING ALL OF YOUR BELONGINGS IN YOUR SEABAG. MAKE SURE YOU BRING A LOCK. You must place a spare key in your service jacket or tape the code inside your service jacket.
BRING. A good attitude. We will give you OUR BEST and we expect nothing less from you in return. We have ZERO tolerance for foul language, bullying, malingering, disrespect, discrimination, or any behavior that is not conducive to learning or in any way brings discredit to the NSCC.
Check this page often, as more information will be posted regularly.